In This Section
- Kapooka Open Day
- Kapooka Spring Ball
- Last Night at the Proms
- Crime Watch
- An Eventful City
- Charity Events
- Wagga RSL Club
- Troy Fisher is Meatloaf
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th August with the Wizard and Oz
- Wagga Wagga to host 2010 NSW Bowls Open
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th July with HeyDiddle Fiddle
- Jazz Junction with Conservatorium Jazz Sunday 20th June
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 16th May with Wagga Jazz Quartet
- There are more ways to win at Waggas two finest Clubs
- Commercial Club Grand Opening
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 March, with Murrumbidgee Country Club
- The end of week unwind at the Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 February, 2010 with Nicole Ingram, family and friends
- The Magic Story Coat
- Jazz Junction live line up for 2010
- "Tamworth on Parade" Country Spectacular
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th November with David Saxon and His Surprises
- John Lowings story: A story about a hero who saved his mates
- An experience these two young people will never forget
- Your RSL Club - supporting the community
- Two clubs, One membership: $5
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th October with the Wagga Jazz Quartet
- Stan to celebrate his 100th birthday
- Wagga RSL continues to support the Kokoda Youth Challenge.
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 20th September with Julian Fung & Friends
- Fathers Day at the RSL bistro
- Tasting on the Terrace- August 28th
- Long time member to retrace the steps of the Sandakan Death Marches
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 9 August 2009 with Hey Diddle Fiddle & Friends
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 12 July 2009 The Wizard & Oz
- A challenge for RSL Club members
- RSL Club is going from strength to strength
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 14 June 2009 with 'Who Brought the Broad'
- The King Returns at the RSL 30 May 09
- Jazz Junction Live with the Australian Army Band Kapooka
- Helping the community
- Wine Tasting on the Terrace
- Keeping alive the Anzac spirit
- RSL Club donates $10,000 to Bushfire appeal
- Beginning of a new era for RSL and Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 19 April with Damien Foley Trio
- Jazz Junction with the Damien Foley Trio poster
- Pink Polish Trivia Night Sat 28th February
- Jazz Junction Sunday 8th March poster
- Jazz Junction Live with Ingram Family and Friends.
- Give Barefoot Bowls a go!
- Free Poker at the RSL Club
- RSL Club - Commercial Club Merger
- The RSL Club - Wagga's premier licenced Club
- It pays to play Keno
- Harold Fife - one of our finest citizens
- Extra special training for RAAF personnel
- Wear pink and support a great cause
- FREE Workshop for Small Business
- 2SXY4U Big Winner
- RSL Club Happy Project Helps Willans Hill School
- The Kingdom of Ice and Snow.
- Celebrate the New Year atthe RSL Club
- RSL Launches New Website
- RSL Club Plasms TV Member Promo
- John Coutis: If I can, you can
- Charmaine Wilson In Spirit Whispers
- Doug McIntyre at the Club
- Jamie Way Sings at the RSL
- More RSL Members strike it lucky
- A New Era for RSL
- Two More Big Winners at the Club
- Puppy Love at the RSL
- Line Dancing at the RSL Club
- The RSL Club Happy Project
- Wagga Man wins big time in RSL Draws
- Civic Theatre
- The Riverina Conservatorium of Music
- Museum of the Riverina
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
- The Capital Entertainment Centre
- Roseleigh Manor
The RSL Club's Happy Project
As a unique way of lending support to Willans Hill School the RSL Club has teamed up with Murray Grey breeders Ted and Georgette Keen, and stockman, John Rod, to prepare a steer to be auctioned.
Students at Willans Hill School got the chance to meet Happy recently.
RSL Club director and Stock and Sales agent, John Keys, has seen this form of donation and thought it would be a great idea for a number of reasons.
The first is to help raise very need funds for the school. The second is to allow the children to take ownership of the project and encourage interaction between the children and the steer.
Principal of Willans Hill School, Christine Lennon, said: “The wonderful board of the RSL always keep their eyes and ears open for ways to help us.
“Last term I had a call from General Manager, Andrew Bell, asking me to a meeting.
“It was here that I first heard about this wonderful steer fund raiser.
“We had to move fast at school. It was the last day (before the holidays) and we had to name our “cow” (too many difficult
conversations to be had to explain why he was a steer!)
“Every student in the school suggested a name. They were placed in a box and we drew out the winning entry. “It was “HAPPY” by Kade Adams in Year 5.
“During the holidays I accompanied some of the students to meet Happy for the first time.
“He was very cute.
“We just loved seeing a tag in his ear with his name on it!
“This term we are hoping to organise some excursions to see Happy and make sure he is OK.
“We are grateful again to the RSL and the wonderful things they do for us and to all those responsible for the HAPPY Project."
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.