In This Section
- Kapooka Open Day
- Kapooka Spring Ball
- Last Night at the Proms
- Crime Watch
- An Eventful City
- Charity Events
- Wagga RSL Club
- Troy Fisher is Meatloaf
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th August with the Wizard and Oz
- Wagga Wagga to host 2010 NSW Bowls Open
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th July with HeyDiddle Fiddle
- Jazz Junction with Conservatorium Jazz Sunday 20th June
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 16th May with Wagga Jazz Quartet
- There are more ways to win at Waggas two finest Clubs
- Commercial Club Grand Opening
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 March, with Murrumbidgee Country Club
- The end of week unwind at the Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 February, 2010 with Nicole Ingram, family and friends
- The Magic Story Coat
- Jazz Junction live line up for 2010
- "Tamworth on Parade" Country Spectacular
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th November with David Saxon and His Surprises
- John Lowings story: A story about a hero who saved his mates
- An experience these two young people will never forget
- Your RSL Club - supporting the community
- Two clubs, One membership: $5
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th October with the Wagga Jazz Quartet
- Stan to celebrate his 100th birthday
- Wagga RSL continues to support the Kokoda Youth Challenge.
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 20th September with Julian Fung & Friends
- Fathers Day at the RSL bistro
- Tasting on the Terrace- August 28th
- Long time member to retrace the steps of the Sandakan Death Marches
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 9 August 2009 with Hey Diddle Fiddle & Friends
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 12 July 2009 The Wizard & Oz
- A challenge for RSL Club members
- RSL Club is going from strength to strength
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 14 June 2009 with 'Who Brought the Broad'
- The King Returns at the RSL 30 May 09
- Jazz Junction Live with the Australian Army Band Kapooka
- Helping the community
- Wine Tasting on the Terrace
- Keeping alive the Anzac spirit
- RSL Club donates $10,000 to Bushfire appeal
- Beginning of a new era for RSL and Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 19 April with Damien Foley Trio
- Jazz Junction with the Damien Foley Trio poster
- Pink Polish Trivia Night Sat 28th February
- Jazz Junction Sunday 8th March poster
- Jazz Junction Live with Ingram Family and Friends.
- Give Barefoot Bowls a go!
- Free Poker at the RSL Club
- RSL Club - Commercial Club Merger
- The RSL Club - Wagga's premier licenced Club
- It pays to play Keno
- Harold Fife - one of our finest citizens
- Extra special training for RAAF personnel
- Wear pink and support a great cause
- FREE Workshop for Small Business
- 2SXY4U Big Winner
- RSL Club Happy Project Helps Willans Hill School
- The Kingdom of Ice and Snow.
- Celebrate the New Year atthe RSL Club
- RSL Launches New Website
- RSL Club Plasms TV Member Promo
- John Coutis: If I can, you can
- Charmaine Wilson In Spirit Whispers
- Doug McIntyre at the Club
- Jamie Way Sings at the RSL
- More RSL Members strike it lucky
- A New Era for RSL
- Two More Big Winners at the Club
- Puppy Love at the RSL
- Line Dancing at the RSL Club
- The RSL Club Happy Project
- Wagga Man wins big time in RSL Draws
- Civic Theatre
- The Riverina Conservatorium of Music
- Museum of the Riverina
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
- The Capital Entertainment Centre
- Roseleigh Manor
Tasting on the Terrace- August 28th
Tasting on the Terrace
John Casella tastes one of his popular wines
On Friday 28 August the Wagga RSL Club is proud to offer yet another fabulous “Tasting on the Terrace” for members and their guests.
This event will feature the very popular Casella Wines and the RSL Club’s head chef, Nathan Gale’s succulent canapés.
This is an event not to be missed.
To enter and sample the wines available simply download this voucher, print and take it along with you.
This also entitles patrons to a discount on wine purchased on the evening.
Casella has a family history of winemaking dating back to 1820.
Filippo and Maria Casella arrived in Australia with their four children in 1952 from the small town of Giarre, on the Italian island of Sicily.
In 1965 Filippo purchased a mixed fruit farm at Yenda, a village on the outskirts of Griffith. They had been working in Queensland cane fields and followed the seasonal picking down Australia’s east coast for several years.
A winery shed was built in 1969 to produce bulk wine. Bulk wine was stored in large oval casks and initially supplied to Italian seasonal workers in the Queensland cane fields and later to local wineries.
‘Yellow Tail’ was launched officially in 2001. Initial sales forecast was for 25,000 cases but 250,000 were eventually sold.
Casella exports 96% of its production mostly to the United States but also to 30 other countries around the world.
In 2007, Casella exported over 12 million cases.
A published wine writer, with qualifications in winemaking and public relations, Les Worland is a Senior Lecturer at the Riverina Institute of TAFE, Griffith Campus and has lectured at the University of Queensland Business School at St. Lucia, Brisbane.
Les has been Chief Steward for the Riverina Wine Show for over 20 years and is a passionate supporter of the region and its produce.
He is currently Vice-President of the Riverina Winemaker’s Association and employed at Casella Wines in Public Relations and Wine Education. Les will be attending the ‘Tasting on the Terrace’ to introduce patrons to some of Casella’s great wines.
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.