In This Section
- Kapooka Open Day
- Kapooka Spring Ball
- Last Night at the Proms
- Crime Watch
- An Eventful City
- Charity Events
- Wagga RSL Club
- Troy Fisher is Meatloaf
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th August with the Wizard and Oz
- Wagga Wagga to host 2010 NSW Bowls Open
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th July with HeyDiddle Fiddle
- Jazz Junction with Conservatorium Jazz Sunday 20th June
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 16th May with Wagga Jazz Quartet
- There are more ways to win at Waggas two finest Clubs
- Commercial Club Grand Opening
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 March, with Murrumbidgee Country Club
- The end of week unwind at the Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 February, 2010 with Nicole Ingram, family and friends
- The Magic Story Coat
- Jazz Junction live line up for 2010
- "Tamworth on Parade" Country Spectacular
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th November with David Saxon and His Surprises
- John Lowings story: A story about a hero who saved his mates
- An experience these two young people will never forget
- Your RSL Club - supporting the community
- Two clubs, One membership: $5
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th October with the Wagga Jazz Quartet
- Stan to celebrate his 100th birthday
- Wagga RSL continues to support the Kokoda Youth Challenge.
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 20th September with Julian Fung & Friends
- Fathers Day at the RSL bistro
- Tasting on the Terrace- August 28th
- Long time member to retrace the steps of the Sandakan Death Marches
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 9 August 2009 with Hey Diddle Fiddle & Friends
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 12 July 2009 The Wizard & Oz
- A challenge for RSL Club members
- RSL Club is going from strength to strength
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 14 June 2009 with 'Who Brought the Broad'
- The King Returns at the RSL 30 May 09
- Jazz Junction Live with the Australian Army Band Kapooka
- Helping the community
- Wine Tasting on the Terrace
- Keeping alive the Anzac spirit
- RSL Club donates $10,000 to Bushfire appeal
- Beginning of a new era for RSL and Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 19 April with Damien Foley Trio
- Jazz Junction with the Damien Foley Trio poster
- Pink Polish Trivia Night Sat 28th February
- Jazz Junction Sunday 8th March poster
- Jazz Junction Live with Ingram Family and Friends.
- Give Barefoot Bowls a go!
- Free Poker at the RSL Club
- RSL Club - Commercial Club Merger
- The RSL Club - Wagga's premier licenced Club
- It pays to play Keno
- Harold Fife - one of our finest citizens
- Extra special training for RAAF personnel
- Wear pink and support a great cause
- FREE Workshop for Small Business
- 2SXY4U Big Winner
- RSL Club Happy Project Helps Willans Hill School
- The Kingdom of Ice and Snow.
- Celebrate the New Year atthe RSL Club
- RSL Launches New Website
- RSL Club Plasms TV Member Promo
- John Coutis: If I can, you can
- Charmaine Wilson In Spirit Whispers
- Doug McIntyre at the Club
- Jamie Way Sings at the RSL
- More RSL Members strike it lucky
- A New Era for RSL
- Two More Big Winners at the Club
- Puppy Love at the RSL
- Line Dancing at the RSL Club
- The RSL Club Happy Project
- Wagga Man wins big time in RSL Draws
- Civic Theatre
- The Riverina Conservatorium of Music
- Museum of the Riverina
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
- The Capital Entertainment Centre
- Roseleigh Manor
RSL Club donates $10,000 to Bushfire appeal
RSL Club donates $10,000 to appeal
As Victoria comes to grips with the enormity of the bushfire calamity that has destroyed so many communities and claimed over 200 lives, Wagga RSL Club along with the entire NSW club industry has opened their hearts and given generously to the thousands of survivors.
The moment the Club heard the terrible news, General Manager Andrew Bell (pictured) picked up the phone and with Board support pledged $10,000 on behalf of the Wagga RSL Club.
Above and beyond this great donation the staff of the RSL Club, Riverina Catering Services and members also dug deep and gave generously.
Many of the staff made personal donations directly deducted out of their pay packets, the Wednesday night Barefoot Bowls group donated all winnings to the appeal, the social club held a charity bowls day and raffle raising well over $1,000 and tins have been placed around the Club and continue to raise money for this worthy cause.
The donation made directly by the Club is part of an appeal being coordinated by ClubsNSW on behalf of the NSW Club Industry. So far this appeal has raised more than $1.2 million for the bushfire victims.
Andrew Bell said ClubsNSW would be donating the money to the Red Cross, which is supporting the Victorian Government’s response to the emergency.
“This is a donation not just on behalf of Wagga RSL Club but on behalf of the entire community of Wagga Wagga,” Mr Bell said.
“I think we have all felt not just shock, but complete frustration at the limit of what we can do for these people who have lost not only their homes, but in many cases, family members and friends.
“I’m very proud of the way the club industry has responded to what is one of the worst natural disasters to ever strike Australia.
“It’s clearly going to take years for the scars to heal, but hopefully the victims will take some comfort from the knowledge that all of Australia is thinking of them at this time of great tragedy.”
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.