In This Section
- Kapooka Open Day
- Kapooka Spring Ball
- Last Night at the Proms
- Crime Watch
- An Eventful City
- Charity Events
- Wagga RSL Club
- Troy Fisher is Meatloaf
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th August with the Wizard and Oz
- Wagga Wagga to host 2010 NSW Bowls Open
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th July with HeyDiddle Fiddle
- Jazz Junction with Conservatorium Jazz Sunday 20th June
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 16th May with Wagga Jazz Quartet
- There are more ways to win at Waggas two finest Clubs
- Commercial Club Grand Opening
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 March, with Murrumbidgee Country Club
- The end of week unwind at the Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 February, 2010 with Nicole Ingram, family and friends
- The Magic Story Coat
- Jazz Junction live line up for 2010
- "Tamworth on Parade" Country Spectacular
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th November with David Saxon and His Surprises
- John Lowings story: A story about a hero who saved his mates
- An experience these two young people will never forget
- Your RSL Club - supporting the community
- Two clubs, One membership: $5
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th October with the Wagga Jazz Quartet
- Stan to celebrate his 100th birthday
- Wagga RSL continues to support the Kokoda Youth Challenge.
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 20th September with Julian Fung & Friends
- Fathers Day at the RSL bistro
- Tasting on the Terrace- August 28th
- Long time member to retrace the steps of the Sandakan Death Marches
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 9 August 2009 with Hey Diddle Fiddle & Friends
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 12 July 2009 The Wizard & Oz
- A challenge for RSL Club members
- RSL Club is going from strength to strength
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 14 June 2009 with 'Who Brought the Broad'
- The King Returns at the RSL 30 May 09
- Jazz Junction Live with the Australian Army Band Kapooka
- Helping the community
- Wine Tasting on the Terrace
- Keeping alive the Anzac spirit
- RSL Club donates $10,000 to Bushfire appeal
- Beginning of a new era for RSL and Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 19 April with Damien Foley Trio
- Jazz Junction with the Damien Foley Trio poster
- Pink Polish Trivia Night Sat 28th February
- Jazz Junction Sunday 8th March poster
- Jazz Junction Live with Ingram Family and Friends.
- Give Barefoot Bowls a go!
- Free Poker at the RSL Club
- RSL Club - Commercial Club Merger
- The RSL Club - Wagga's premier licenced Club
- It pays to play Keno
- Harold Fife - one of our finest citizens
- Extra special training for RAAF personnel
- Wear pink and support a great cause
- FREE Workshop for Small Business
- 2SXY4U Big Winner
- RSL Club Happy Project Helps Willans Hill School
- The Kingdom of Ice and Snow.
- Celebrate the New Year atthe RSL Club
- RSL Launches New Website
- RSL Club Plasms TV Member Promo
- John Coutis: If I can, you can
- Charmaine Wilson In Spirit Whispers
- Doug McIntyre at the Club
- Jamie Way Sings at the RSL
- More RSL Members strike it lucky
- A New Era for RSL
- Two More Big Winners at the Club
- Puppy Love at the RSL
- Line Dancing at the RSL Club
- The RSL Club Happy Project
- Wagga Man wins big time in RSL Draws
- Civic Theatre
- The Riverina Conservatorium of Music
- Museum of the Riverina
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
- The Capital Entertainment Centre
- Roseleigh Manor
View photos below
This Wednesday saw the re-launch of a rejuvenated Commercial Club in Gurwood Street, which was attended by many well known faces from Wagga’s Business Community. We were generously entertained with food and wine in familiar, but very much restyled and revamped surroundings.
New carpets, repainting and removing partitions and drapes, thereby opening up the space has given the club a light, airy and fresh aspect. There has also been a lot of less visible work going on in the background, fixing the roof and modernising the kitchen.
Wagga RSL have invested $400, 000 in stage one of the transformation, with a open air balcony planned next year. John Keyes, club president, would like to see the club return to its heyday where it was a small, but thriving neighbourhood club with great food, great service and a friendly atmosphere.
The benefits of the amalgamation are that there will be the guarantees of RSL service and quality, but the Commercial Club will retain and develop its own identity.
“It is all about providing more choice and presenting a range of different opportunities for the Wagga community to enjoy a night out.” Said John. “ Come down and see the difference we have made and some of the positive changes. With $5 membership for two clubs it is great value!”
The venue is now and ideal place to have a wedding – both large or small – to hold a conference or seminar, as there is a range of adaptable rooms to host your event. Full AV conference facilities have been installed and upgraded. Renne Menz will be sure to look after you and she is available on 6921 3624 or email@example.com
There will be the new coffee shop and kids crèche on Friday and Saturday plus a courtesy bus available.
Also regular musical events scheduled, with musical duos and local performers every Friday night with some well know bands planned for the future in the auditorium such as Mental as Anything.
This will be a big draw for new members who will be made very welcome.
*Click on an image to view it in Gallery Mode. Go from one image to the next by clicking "Previous" and "Next" on the left and right sides of each image.
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.