In This Section
- Getting Here
- Getting around
- Must Experience
- Stunning Galleries
- Eating Out
- Fun Facts
- Wagga has 3 sister cities:
Leavenworth, Kansas, U.S.A
Nordlingen, Bavaria, Germany
Kun Ming, Yunnan Province, China
- In Australian sporting lingo there is something known as "the Wagga Effect” that is that there is a disproportionate number of sportsmen and women that originate from Wagga
- In the book by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and subsequently the movie of the same title, the character Gilderoy Lockhart claims to have defeated the "Wagga Wagga Werewolf"
- It is said that the Bee Gee's wrote "Morning of My Life" at what was then known as the Wagga Police Boys Club
- The 5 o'clock wave that is said to exist on the Murrumbidgee is due to the dam's overflow at that time during the day
- A Wagga resident was briefly acknowledged as a baronet's missing son in the 19th century, the Tichborne Claimant became a rather large scandal involving a Wagga butcher the Museum houses artefacts from the case
- Wagga is the birthplace of Chiko rolls, it made it's first appearance at the Wagga Wagga Show in 1951. Over 50 years ago, the "Chiko Roll" was invented by a Boilermaker from Bendigo, Francis Gerald McEncroe. The "Chiko Roll" came to life when Francis decided there was a need for a hot snack in one hand whilst leaving the other free for a beer. His business idea turned Gold and the "Chiko Roll" has become a truly Australian icon.
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.