In This Section
- Ratepayers Online Wagga Wagga
- People Places & Events
- Organisations, Clubs and Societies
- The Leisure Company
- Northcott Disability Services
- Wagga Animal Rescue Inc.
- Mountain Bike Wagga Wagga
- The Richmond Fellowship of NSW
- Riverina Bluebell
- Riverina Headspace
- Riverina Concert Band
- Wagga Business NetworX
- The Smith Family
- Eastern Riverina Arts Program
- Behind the Curtain Theatre Company presents: Theatre Games
- Bidgee Blues Music Club Wagga
- Gear Stick Theatre Company
- Riverina Theatre Company
- South Wagga Apex Club celebrate completion of new BBQ equipment
- Wagga Wagga Sunset Probus Club
- Wagga Wagga Art Society
- Community Drug Action Team
- Community Service Groups
- Wagga Wagga Road Runners Inc
- Sporting Clubs and Groups
- Assistance Dogs Australia
- Disability Support Services
- Country Hope
- Relay For Life 2010
- Indigenous Support Groups
- Music and Hobby Groups
- Older Men New Ideas
- Youth and Family Groups
- NSW Community Trust Fund
- 25th anniversary of the formation of first Baha'i governing body in Wagga
- Engineers Australia Wagga Regional Group
- Tell us about your club
- Miss Wagga Wagga Quest
- Wagga Wagga City Council
- Riverina Regional Library
- Charles Sturt University
- TAFE NSW Riverina Institute
The Country Hope Trust provides family centred support programs to country children diagnosed with cancer and similar illnesses.
Country Hope is dedicated to developing support programs and services, in response to the needs of country families, advice from medical practitioners and other professionals.
Country Hope recognises that childhood cancer and similar illnesses places incredible stress on the family. For this reason we are dedicated to developing support programs and services that address the needs of the entire family.
Country Hope understands the special needs of country families who have a child diagnosed with cancer. The issues of separation, isolation, travel, untold expenses, the need for families to be together, sibling support, to have holidays and fun are the basis of the programs developed by Country Hope.
Through family centred support programs and services, developed in response to family needs, Country Hope strives to reduce the stresses that surround a family with a child diagnosed with cancer, by extending a caring hand of assistance.
- To offer positive, exciting programs for diagnosed children to assist in reducing the constant stress and maximising the benefits of medical care.
- To offer support programs to the sibling children of a child diagnosed with cancer or similar illness.
- To provide practical avenues of emotional support by offering family members the opportunity to meet others in similar circumstances, share feelings, experiences, express concerns and gain support.
- To provide ongoing support to families who have lost a child with cancer or a related illness.
- To provide training and support to Country Hope Carers and volunteers.
- To educate the community in regards to childhood cancers and the needs of families, including the need to understand that the emotional stress on a family does not reduce when a child is in remission.
- To operate a country based, low overhead organisation that aims to achieve the most effective application of our supporters' contributions.
25 Blake Street
PO Box 134
Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
Freecall: 1800 007 880
Tel: (02) 6971 8955
Fax: (02) 6971 8966
ABN: 93 187 189 789
Fundraising Authority No. CFN 17801
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.