In This Section
- Kapooka Open Day
- Kapooka Spring Ball
- Last Night at the Proms
- Crime Watch
- Picnics Thank Sponsers
- Southcity Shopping Centre Expansion
- Saver Plus program assists Wagga Wagga residents to boost their savings
- Riverina Murray Homeless Action Plan getting results for Homeless People
- Jacqui Adams wins 2010 REINSW Novice Auctioneers Competition
- SMS information now accessible for over 20% of Australia
- Workforce Protection Services- New in Wagga!
- Tour of Duty- Team Run
- Cheque presentation to Willans Hill School
- Wagga's Water Consumption 14-20 June
- Get qualified in Wagga Wagga- Diploma of Quality Auditing
- Stage two ANZAC Avenue restoration to commence
- Wagga's Water Consumption 31st May - 6thJune
- Churchill Fellowship Public Presentation
- Eco Warrior Photography Competition
- Major technology upgrade for Wagga Wagga airport on the back of Federal and Partner funding
- World No Tobacco Day May 31st
- Free Essential Childrens Vision Screening
- Cancer Council- Premier Screening of SATC2
- Wagga's Water Consumption 10th-16th May
- Improving Hepatites Treatment In the Bush
- Riverina First Community Fund Open
- Wagga's Water Consumption 3-9th May
- Palliative Care Nurse Awarded to Travel Abroad
- Wagga residents get first look at Macquarie artefacts
- Road Safety Campaign
- Nurses Supporting Patients with Chronic Illness
- Need For More Midwives Highlighted On International Day of the Midwife
- Wagga's Water Consumption 26th April -2nd May
- Rudd's Tax Review
- Storm Strikes Rudd Labour
- Heart Week - 2 TO 8 MAY 2010
- GHD Awarded Coin for Excellence
- Wagga's Water Consumption 19-25th April
- Airport Master Plan
- Wagga's Water Consumption 12-18th April
- Wagga's Water Consumption 5th - 11th April
- Wagga's water consumption, 22 March-28 March
- Fitzpatricks Real Estate- Making a difference in our community
- Earth Hour, Saturday 27th March
- Mentors 4 Youth: Learn it for Life
- Batlow resident celebrates 100th birthday
- IN VIDEO: The amazing Wagga Floods
- Local business people come together to provide a safe and reliable service.
- Fitzpatricks Real Estate Celebrates 60 years in business
- 80% of businesses are unprepared for the Fair Work Act
- Oasis Swim Squad results
- John Chambers awarded Citizen of the Year
- Oasis performance swim squad results NSW regional meet in Albury
- $250 million Literacy and Numeracy action plan
- Olympians set sights on Davenports Great Wagga Wagga Wedgie Tug-of-War
- Can WDF help you with your New Years Resolutions?
- Rugby Legend Peter Sterling opens new Bunnings Warehouse Wagga Wagga
- The Gift of Thunder
- Mayor expresses disappointment over Austrak announcement
- GTES Employee of the Year
- HMA Twomey Patterson raises much needed funds for Movember
- Must be sold! Two Multipurpose centres - Ex ABC Childcare Centres
- World Aids Day, December 1st
- Can farmers raise $700,000 to Empower our Community?
- Find Rudolph and WIN at the Sturt Mall
- Public Meeting: The Future for Equestrians in Wagga Wagga
- Executive Officer Appointed to Regional Development Australia-Riverina
- Cargill Cares
- Respect Week, 21st- 28th November
- Australian musicians given opportunity of a lifetime
- What kind of Wagga Wagga do you want in 2030?
- O'halloran Deal Lawyers- Commercial Debt Recovery
- Temporary lane closure on Wiradjuri Bridge
- Tony Ferguson Weightloss Centre - Mr Tony Ferguson Meet & Greet
- RWCC Water Target Chart
- International Day of Climate Change, October 24
- Colouring-In Competition to raise litter awareness
- Picnics 2009 Charity Club Honour Roll
- International Karate Instructor to visit Wagga Club
- New exhibition celebrating Historic Brookong Station
- Youth Mentoring
- Wagga Wagga City Council GM makes career move to Cairns
- Local Franchisee's win NATRAD Franchise of the Year, 2009
- The PCYC Lock Up
- Daryl Maguire calls for support for White Balloon Day
- Asthma preparation for late spring thunderstorms
- Career opportunities in trying times . . .
- First RDA-Riverina Meeting
- Wagga Waggas Future Economy- What Do You Think?
- RIC Electrics takes out award for excellence for employers of Australian Apprentices
- IAS awarded Airport management contract for Birdsville Races
- OASIS Regional Swim Squad
- HNE Demonstration Day
- Qantas Spring Seat Sale- Now On
- Blood Service in the Red
- Commins Hendriks first woman equity partner- Tammy Holzheimer
- Do you know a Local Sporting Champion?
- Young Wagga Wagga martial artists to compete in Tae Kwon Do World Championships
- Southern Agventure to hold public forum on the future of Agriculture in Southern NSW
- WDF Professional welcomes new partner- Vicki Richards
- St John Anglican Church Refurbishment
- Donate for Your State at the Blood Bank
- Bloomsbury sued for Copyright Infringement in Harry Potter Book
- City Partnership Program Update: Lake Albert Exercise Stations
- Rundles Auctions Offers New Online Bidding System
- Business Breakthrough
- NSW Fire Brigades Kitchen Fire Simulator
- Daryl Maguire calls on State Government to honour commitments to Wagga Base
- Sturt Street Dental has launched its new name: Green Apple Dentistry
- City gloom could see Wagga boom
- Kapooka Community Announcement
- Saving Lives is All in a Days Work at Cargill
- Job Centre Australia Acquire Motorized Scooter for Client
- $25,000 from Successful Food & Wine Festival to go to Cancer Care Centre
- Cargill Environment Update
- Cyclists face off with 4WD at Pomingalarna Reserve
- A Wagga Wagga Ironman story across the decades
- Wagga on radar for investors and developers
- Purchase one of Wagga's most desirable investment properties
- Backing our young sporting champions
- Trinity Close, Independent Living Official Opening
- Planning for Prosperity Public Consultation Meeting
- Regional Development Australia Formed
- Funding for local infrastructure to drive business investment
- ABACUS Meets with Mutual Chiefs
- Wagga Guide Now on Facebook
- New $6.6 Million Police Station Unveiled
- Win for GWS at Mt. Panarama
- Reducing the cost of doing business in NSW
- Rex to construct pilot academy at Wagga Wagga
- Hume Highway workers raise $16,000 for Country Hope
- GTES Welcomes Apprenticeship Initative
- Maguire and Costa meet
- Visit of Public Works Commitee to Kapooka
- EAust Wagga Regional Group launch
- Rex Unveils City of Wagga Wagga Aircraft
- Hume Highway Update
- RSL CDSE Scheme
- CDSE Presentation 2008 at the RSL
- Liquor Accord Meets
- Sureway wins!
- Janette Tucker Finance Plus Launches New Website
- Fire Brigade Save Fitzmaurice St
- Minister Praises Rivco Group
- News Archives
- An Eventful City
- Charity Events
- Wagga RSL Club
- Civic Theatre
- The Riverina Conservatorium of Music
- Museum of the Riverina
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
- The Capital Entertainment Centre
- Roseleigh Manor
Major technology upgrade for Wagga Wagga airport on the back of Federal and Partner funding
27 May 2010
Major technology upgrade for Wagga Wagga airport on the back of Federal and Partner funding
Airservices Australia, Wagga Wagga City Council and Regional Express have entered a collaborative agreement to purchase, install and operate an Instrument Landing System (ILS) at Wagga Wagga Airport with the assistance of a Federal Government grant announced today.
The Hon. Anthony Albanese MP, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government, confirmed that almost $1.1million will be provided to Wagga Wagga City Council as part of the Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program for the installation of an ILS.
The total investment in the ILS is expected to be approximately $1.6 million.
Wagga Wagga City Council, Airservices Australia and Regional Express have agreed to share the additional costs associated with the commissioning, installation and ongoing maintenance of the system.
An ILS installed at Wagga Wagga Airport will pave the way for further growth and development of a Wagga-based pilot training and aviation technical training hub.
A successful aviation hub will provide a boost to the regional economy, through job creation and the multiplier effect of additional expenditure in aviation infrastructure.
The joint investment will foster the development of the airport as a national centre of aviation significance particularly in aviation education and training.
Wagga Wagga Mayor, Councillor Kerry Pascoe, said, “This is a commercially smart and forward thinking initiative to build on generous Federal Government assistance for a project with benefits reaching beyond the region’s economy to the regular travellers passing through the airport.
“The agreement builds on the fact that Council, Rex and Airservices are already working closely together to develop training opportunities and a vibrant regional aviation community based around Wagga Wagga.”
Airservices CEO Greg Russell said the total investment in the ILS would be approximately $1.6 million.
“Airservices has made a major commitment to aviation in regional Australia through the establishment of our technical training school at TAFE NSW’s Riverina Institute,” Mr Russell said.
“With an active ILS at the airport, our technical trainees will be able to receive hands-on experience without leaving Wagga Wagga, enhancing the value of their training,” he said.
Regional Express Managing Director Jim Davis said the ILS would significantly strengthen the airport’s pilot training capability.
“It will allow us to conduct ILS training in Wagga Wagga rather than flying to other airports. It will considerably enhance the pilot training capability of Wagga Wagga Airport and will be a key ingredient to the planned expansion of the pilot academy,” Mr Davis said.
Cr Kerry Pascoe also said the commitment was a major boost for the region.“Reliable air services are vital for business, pleasure and medical travel.
The new ILS will also allow greater reliability for regional airlines and local operators using the airport and boost the overall efficiency and safety of the airport, particularly in marginal weather conditions,” Cr Pascoe said.
The ILS is a precision approach radio navigation aid and the current international standard for providing ground based approach guidance to an airport’s runways.
The ILS is expected to be operational at Wagga Wagga later this year pending approvals and successful testing.
Grant Johnson Wagga Wagga City Council 1300 292 442
Airservices Media: (02) 6275 2828 (24 hours) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rex: Corporate Communications: 0402 438 361
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.