In This Section
- Ratepayers Online Wagga Wagga
- People Places & Events
- Organisations, Clubs and Societies
- Miss Wagga Wagga Quest
- Wagga Wagga City Council
- Work commences on upgrade to Wagga Cricket Ground lighting
- Council to extend Regulatory Services to Saturdays
- Outdoor Reading Room coming to Wagga Wagga
- Director Infrastructure Services resigns
- Council to renew Wagga Workout licence
- Whats the essence of Wagga Wagga?
- Mayor puts his views forward on Federal Health reform
- Seniors Week 2011
- Director resignation
- Annual Grants Program successful applications
- Free Tip Day- Sunday 15th August
- Australia Day Awards Nominations Launch
- A new Wagga Wagga Base Hospital must be a priority
- Mayor calls rally for new hospital
- Local Government Week, 2nd-8th August
- Local Environment Plan approved by Minister
- Sports ground closures
- Building a Brighter Future competition- Win $300
- Lisa Anderson - Exhibition Opening
- Green Power for Civc Centre
- Motion to Rescind Received
- Local Government Cultural Awards for Aboriginal Cultural Development
- Air Pollution reduction
- Council encourages direct contact
- Committee seeks community members with foreign language skills
- Town and Country Asphalting hysteria V facts
- Pomingalarna Park to close to vehicles for regeneration
- Retail Therapy- Forum a Great Success!
- WhichWayWagga-Vision 2030 on public exhibition
- Wagga Wagga is a good place to do business
- What is Wagga Wagga's retail experience?
- Street and Garden of the Season presentation
- Information night for flood affected
- Annual Grants Program applications open Monday 15 March
- Rail crossing upgrade to provide smoother drive
- Sporting fields remain closed
- Sporting Fields closed due to recent rain
- Ministers Award for Wagga Wagga City Council Director
- Victory Memorial Gardens Stage makeover nearly complete
- Free Tip Day- Sunday 7th March
- Two weeks left to make a submission on draft Riverside Masterplan
- Do you have concerns about alcohol related issues in Wagga Wagga?
- Council goes green with new Camry Hybrid vehicle
- Free Tickets for the 2010 Senior Week Gala Concert
- Defence Force Families welcome to the City
- Pool owners reminded of fencing requirements
- Riverside Wagga Wagga on exhibition
- Committee puts final touches on Seniors Week program
- Wagga's potential demonstrated to the State
- Council completes positive meeting with Planning Minister
- Wagga Regional Schoolgirls' Breakfast with the Stars
- In Memoriam, Heidi Clarke-Lewis
- Riverside Wagga Wagga Update
- Sewer 2010 Project on track
- Hampden Bridge safe and secure
- Wagga Wagga's main street garden beds get a golden makeover
- Riverside Consultation comments
- WWCC team takes out second place in state-wide LGMA Challenge
- Unveiling of 2009 Walk of Honour plaque
- WWCC implements smoke-free outdoor areas
- WWCC aiming to enhance reputation as City of Good Sports
- WWCC is committed to reducing alcohol related crime
- Thank you to Emergency Services
- Upgrades to village playgrounds
- Upgrade at Jubilee Hockey Complex is complete
- Earth Hour, Saturday 28th March
- WWCC's Annual Grants Program
- A chance to have your say on Riverside Wagga Wagga
- Still time to complete WWCC's community survey
- WWCC persists for slice of Federal funding pie
- City Partnership Program
- WWCC developing an Environmental Sustainability Strategy
- Launch of City Partnership Program Thurs 19 Feb 9am
- Update on progress of Riverside Precinct Project
- Time's running out to nominate for WWCC's Advisory Committees
- Free Tip Day
- WWCC looking at recycled water for Duke of Kent Oval
- WWCC asks for residents feedback through Community Survey
- WWCC seeking community members for Advisory Committees
- Resurfacing of Dobney Avenue/Pearson Street roads near roundabouts
- WWCC seeking solutions to fill Lake Albert
- Lake Albert to benefit from foreshore park improvements
- WWCC to officially welcome Defence Force families
- Proposal to relocate Koala Pre-School to make way for ten pin bowling complex
- Future planning for the Cities main sporting facilities
- Wagga LEP to be 'bio-certified'
- Green light for draft LEP
- Planning Panel part of LEP process
- Draft LEP FAQ
- FREE after retrenchment or financial loss booklet available
- Leading developers speak on the LEP
- Draft LEP to be launched
- WWCC recognised by Federal Government for action in health and safety.
- Council Movember Shave-off
- WWCC and Australian Drug Foundation team up to develop Wagga Alcohol Management Strategy
- Official opening of bigger, better and safer Wagga Wagga Airport
- Upgrade at Jubilee Park
- Council elects new Mayor and Deputy Mayor
- New Mayor and Deputy Mayor to be elected
- Wagga Airport Upgrades
- Wagga Wagga Airport historical notes
- Have your say on Baylis Street lighting
- Wagga Safe Taskforce making progress
- Lake Albert Soil Testing Update
- Analysis of Lake Albert soil continues
- Announcement of new Director, Corporate Services
- Trial of improved street lighting in Baylis Street
- Council moves to strengthen Senior Executive Team
- 2008-12 Draft Management Plan
- Wagga New Economic Development Strategy called Grow_Wagga Wagga
- Council takes steps to expand Alcohol Free Zone
- Design changed for Wagga Beach Boat Ramp
- Plastic Bag Exchange Program
- Riverina Regional Library
- Charles Sturt University
- TAFE NSW Riverina Institute
Council moves to strengthen Senior Executive Team
Council moves to strengthen Senior Executive Team
29 April 2008
Council last night resolved to recruit three new Directors and to retain the functions of commercial and economic development in-house.
Recruitment activities will commence immediately for the positions of Director Planning, Director Commercial and Economic Development, and Director Environmental and Community Services.
The three new portfolios will be in addition to the Asset Services and Corporate Services Directorates within Council.
The existing Strategic and Community Services Directorate will be divided into two areas – Planning; and Environmental and Community Services.
This will create a senior executive team in the form of a five-directorate model, described by General Manager Lyn Russell as essential to achieving adequate resourcing and leadership for effective and efficient service delivery to the community.
“The enhanced structure will provide Council with the opportunity to increase responsiveness, enhance customer service levels and ensure alignment to Council’s strategic direction,” she said.
“The recruitment of separate directors of Planning and Director Commercial and Economic Development is in recognition of the importance of both these functions for the growth and future direction of the city
Further, the creation of a stand-alone Planning Directorate will provide enhanced leadership and support the current process of recruiting a number of core planning staff in the climate of skills shortages.
Funding for these positions will be provided from within Council’s existing budget.
Council also shortly expects to announce the successful candidate for the recently advertised position of Director of Corporate Services.
General Manager Lyn Russell said that she was delighted with the strong support from Council to build a cohesive executive team.
“The new Directors will be selected for both their demonstrated professional skills and their capacity to provide inclusive and visionary leadership in their portfolios,” she said.
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.