In This Section
- Ratepayers Online Wagga Wagga
- People Places & Events
- Organisations, Clubs and Societies
- The Leisure Company
- Northcott Disability Services
- Wagga Animal Rescue Inc.
- Mountain Bike Wagga Wagga
- The Richmond Fellowship of NSW
- Riverina Bluebell
- Riverina Headspace
- Riverina Concert Band
- Wagga Business NetworX
- The Smith Family
- Eastern Riverina Arts Program
- Behind the Curtain Theatre Company presents: Theatre Games
- Bidgee Blues Music Club Wagga
- Gear Stick Theatre Company
- Riverina Theatre Company
- South Wagga Apex Club celebrate completion of new BBQ equipment
- Wagga Wagga Sunset Probus Club
- Ophelia Thinks Harder
- SoAct does Chekov
- SOACT production of Cole in conjunction with 2AAAFM Community Radio
- 12 Angry Jurors
- Sweet Charity has Wagga audiences enthralled!
- Sweet Charity
- Sweet Charity starts 26th November
- Opening night getting closer for production: Sweet Charity
- SOACT Tenx5 Play Festival
- Ten x 10 Play Fest, 14-16th May
- Wagga School of Arts is celebrating 150 years
- SOACT presents Love Song
- SOACT presents Babe The Sheep Pig
- SOACT revamps committee structure
- Wagga Wagga Art Society
- Community Drug Action Team
- Community Service Groups
- Wagga Wagga Road Runners Inc
- Sporting Clubs and Groups
- Assistance Dogs Australia
- Disability Support Services
- Country Hope
- Relay For Life 2010
- Indigenous Support Groups
- Music and Hobby Groups
- Older Men New Ideas
- Youth and Family Groups
- NSW Community Trust Fund
- 25th anniversary of the formation of first Baha'i governing body in Wagga
- Engineers Australia Wagga Regional Group
- Tell us about your club
- Miss Wagga Wagga Quest
- Wagga Wagga City Council
- Riverina Regional Library
- Charles Sturt University
- TAFE NSW Riverina Institute
SOACT revamps committee structure
On Monday the 8th of September, The Wagga Wagga School of Arts (SOACT), made a unanimous decision to return it’s governing body to a committee format.
Due to the current trend of theatre being forgone for television and playstations, the company’s current and past members have recently been discussing one of the challenging changes to face the company for over a decade: To discard the current format of open structure meetings and form an executive in the view of re-launching the company.
With over 60 members voting at the Special Meeting, resounding support was received to change the format and the proposal to alter the constitution was accepted with an obvious desire within the company for a change of direction.
The unanimous vote was carried Monday night under the scrutinizing eye of Andrew Boucher of RSM Bird Cameron volunteering to chair the meeting to assure all the formalities for the incorporated company were adhered to.
After the constitution changes were carried, the members then elected their new representatives to the committee. Existing executive members Ben Rankmore (President-Interim); Jan Farndale (Secretary); Margaret Bannister (Treasurer), Grahame Vanz (Vice-President) and Mel Butler (Immediate Past President), were joined by new committee members: Fay Walters, Mick Radatti and Jim Nicholls. This committee will hold office until SOACT’s next Annual General Meeting in March 2009 where all positions are vacated and up for election again.
SOACT’s President-Interim Ben Rankmore looks forward to the new opportunities.
“SOACT has been a vital part in various stages of Wagga’s History, including the establishment of the library, donating one third of the funds to build the Civic Theatre and hosting a short play festival for 44 years. It is now time to adapt to Wagga’s current climate in the Arts and we see a great opportunity to not only produce quality amateur community theatre, but also to educate and train interested people in the finer details of what happens behind the scenes.”
Wagga has over 6 local theatre companies and with cross-membership opportunities with such companies as University Theatre Ensemble, Gearstick Theatre, Riverina Theatre Company and Behind The Curtain, SOACT is looking forward to offering it’s members and the greater community the chance to be a part of it all.
Keep an eye out for SOACT educational workshops for all age groups, also theatres version of Twenty20 cricket - the Ten Minute Play Festival in April next year where there will be opportunities in various roles from acting, directing, Front of House and tech crews.
If you would like to become a member, or are seeking more information about Wagga Wagga School of Arts Community Theatre Inc. (SOACT), contact their office on (02) 6921 2594, visit their website at www.soact.com.au or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact Ben Rankmore on 0400 488 366
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.