In This Section
- Kapooka Open Day
- Kapooka Spring Ball
- Last Night at the Proms
- Crime Watch
- An Eventful City
- Charity Events
- Wagga RSL Club
- Troy Fisher is Meatloaf
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th August with the Wizard and Oz
- Wagga Wagga to host 2010 NSW Bowls Open
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th July with HeyDiddle Fiddle
- Jazz Junction with Conservatorium Jazz Sunday 20th June
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 16th May with Wagga Jazz Quartet
- There are more ways to win at Waggas two finest Clubs
- Commercial Club Grand Opening
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 March, with Murrumbidgee Country Club
- The end of week unwind at the Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 14 February, 2010 with Nicole Ingram, family and friends
- The Magic Story Coat
- Jazz Junction live line up for 2010
- "Tamworth on Parade" Country Spectacular
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 8th November with David Saxon and His Surprises
- John Lowings story: A story about a hero who saved his mates
- An experience these two young people will never forget
- Your RSL Club - supporting the community
- Two clubs, One membership: $5
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th October with the Wagga Jazz Quartet
- Stan to celebrate his 100th birthday
- Wagga RSL continues to support the Kokoda Youth Challenge.
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 20th September with Julian Fung & Friends
- Fathers Day at the RSL bistro
- Tasting on the Terrace- August 28th
- Long time member to retrace the steps of the Sandakan Death Marches
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 9 August 2009 with Hey Diddle Fiddle & Friends
- Jazz Junction Live on Sunday 12 July 2009 The Wizard & Oz
- A challenge for RSL Club members
- RSL Club is going from strength to strength
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 14 June 2009 with 'Who Brought the Broad'
- The King Returns at the RSL 30 May 09
- Jazz Junction Live with the Australian Army Band Kapooka
- Helping the community
- Wine Tasting on the Terrace
- Keeping alive the Anzac spirit
- RSL Club donates $10,000 to Bushfire appeal
- Beginning of a new era for RSL and Commercial Club
- Jazz Junction Live Sunday 19 April with Damien Foley Trio
- Jazz Junction with the Damien Foley Trio poster
- Pink Polish Trivia Night Sat 28th February
- Jazz Junction Sunday 8th March poster
- Jazz Junction Live with Ingram Family and Friends.
- Give Barefoot Bowls a go!
- Free Poker at the RSL Club
- RSL Club - Commercial Club Merger
- The RSL Club - Wagga's premier licenced Club
- It pays to play Keno
- Harold Fife - one of our finest citizens
- Extra special training for RAAF personnel
- Wear pink and support a great cause
- FREE Workshop for Small Business
- 2SXY4U Big Winner
- RSL Club Happy Project Helps Willans Hill School
- The Kingdom of Ice and Snow.
- Celebrate the New Year atthe RSL Club
- RSL Launches New Website
- RSL Club Plasms TV Member Promo
- John Coutis: If I can, you can
- Charmaine Wilson In Spirit Whispers
- Doug McIntyre at the Club
- Jamie Way Sings at the RSL
- More RSL Members strike it lucky
- A New Era for RSL
- Two More Big Winners at the Club
- Puppy Love at the RSL
- Line Dancing at the RSL Club
- The RSL Club Happy Project
- Wagga Man wins big time in RSL Draws
- Civic Theatre
- The Riverina Conservatorium of Music
- Museum of the Riverina
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
- The Capital Entertainment Centre
- Roseleigh Manor
Jazz Junction Live Sunday 11th July with HeyDiddle Fiddle
Dale and Caleb
The next Jazz Junction Live for 2010 is on Sunday, 11 July 2010 when Hey Diddle Fiddle and friends will bring us an afternoon of lively jazz on our normal second Sunday of the month.
As I am sure you well know, Hey Diddle Fiddle, ie Dale and Caleb, is an acoustic duo covering diverse musical styles, performing everything from Mozart to Duke Ellington and Irish in their own dynamic style, often delivered at a blistering pace.
Dale Allison - has covered just about every style of music over many years as a band member and guitar player. He has toured with such diverse acts as Phil Emmanuel to Gina Jeffreys.
Caleb Richards – won the John Ansell Memorial Award at 2003 Wagga Jazz Festival and he has won numerous other awards and scholarships in recent years.
Together Dale and Caleb are always exciting to watch and a knockout to listen to. They released their first live EP in September 2007.
Friends on this occasion include -
Alexandra Nugent is a local singing tutor with Riverina Conservatorium of Music and also sings in a duo with Caleb. Did you know that Alexandra and Caleb have become engaged?
David Kennedy on clarinet is also very-well known; his many fans will be pleased to have an opportunity to hear him again as David's public appearances are few and far between.
Geoff Simpson is a Bass player to stars such as Adam Harvey, Camille Te Nahu, and Darren Coggan.
Who knows who else may join Dale, Caleb and co on stage?
Come and hear a wonderful selection of music, mostly jazz!
As usual, the venue is the Mirage Room at the RSL Club, Dobbs Street, Wagga Wagga and the time is from 3.00pm to 6.00pm.
Entry is $15 adult, $10 pensioner and student concession and a gold coin donation. Children 12 years and under are free.
The gold coin donation goes to the July charity which is The Riverina Cancer Care Community Trust.
Of course, Jazz Junction Live greatly appreciates the sponsorship of the RSL Club, the Daily Advertiser, the Riverina Conservatorium of Music, Quickprint and 2AAAFM 107.1. Allison Music very generously sets up and donates the use of the sound system, when needed.
For future reference, please put these dates in your diary:-
8 August- Wizard & Oz
29 August- “Making Whoopee” (a very talented duo of Tony King and Kris Ralph from Sydney, both of whom are guitarists and vocalists)
10 October- AABK Swing Band (subject to Army commitments)
14 November- Peter Brown’s Allstars, with special guest, Geoff Power.
To check for the latest news re Jazz Junction Live, please check www.2aaa.net/jjl also, you can look at photos from previous Jazz Junction Live events on the photo page
Newsletter sign up
Sign up for newsletter with Wagga Wagga Guide is easy. Just select the subscriptions that interest you and fill in your details. We will send you informative emails on a regular basis. We won't spam you or share you email address with anyone + it's easy to unsubscribe.